jueves, 2 de julio de 2009

July 2nd.... When I met my boyfriend


Well, I’ve put it off for long enough. But by popular request I’ve decided it’s time to put it down in writing. Anybody that I’ve told this story to has always said it’s really romantic and, to be honest, it’s the most wonderful thing that’s ever happened to me. I’ve been a bit unsure about writing about it as it’s a lot more slushy than the usual material I post and it’s very personal. But hey, names have been changed to protect the innocent and it makes a really nice story. I’m not sure I can do it justice but I’ll try. So here we go: the story of how I met my boyfriend.

I’ve mentioned many times before that I moved down to Colina 3 years ago . I didn’t know anybody in the area so I was really nervous. To me it was an adventure and I wasn`t ready for an adventure. So a few weeks before I started my new job my father, brother and I drove down to the area to see if we could find me a place to live. We checked a few places out and eventually found a house that was only a few years old. The problem was that I’d have to wait a further month before I could move in. It was, and is, a great house so I waited and lived in a guest house for my first month.

So after 4 weeks I finally got to move in. I had a bag of clothes with me so I picked up the keys, went to the house to drop my stuff off with a plan to then drive up to my house, pick up my brother and he could help me move all my belongings down and we could go and buy some furniture. But on that Friday evening after work I went into my house and as I came out I bumped into my next door neighbour. Peter introduced himself and told me his name (which I immediately forgot) and we chatted for a few minutes. I though “he’s a bit of all right”.

I didn’t see him for a few weeks but then we started talking. I had no idea if he was single or not and I assumed not as I would often see girls dropping in overnight. So I didn’t get my hopes up. He seemed like a really nice boy so I thought that if I could just be friends with him then that’d be cool. I’d know somebody in the area. The first thing that I really liked about him was that he was very independent. He wasn’t like the boys I’d gone out with before.

So we started by talking, telling each other about ourselves and getting to know each other over the coming months. We went to the cinema a few times and we’d often talk until the small hours in the morning.

Then one night he did something that is number one on my top-ten memories list( because I really have a list). He made a power point presentation with photos when I was a child, and suddenly he started to sing a beautiful.

Well, after a good six months of getting to know each other, we started a relationship. I’m at the stage where I couldn’t imagine life without him and we are still together, for me he is the Mr Right.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario